Datacenter Domain Unification
The Datacenter Domain Unification is an Axxon One VMS functionality that enables you to easily integrate unlimited distributed sites (Axxon One domains) and operate them as a single video management system.
With Datacenter Domain Unification, you can:
- View live and recorded video from remote sites using a desktop, web, or mobile client.
- Configure and control remote systems using all the Axxon One desktop client features.
- Apply individual access rights and GUI settings for each user connecting to the sites.
- Build custom reports based on events and analytics data collected from different sites.
- Set up face and license plate watchlists and sync them across all recognition servers.
How It Works
Each onsite surveillance system based on the Axxon One intelligent video management software may comprise several VMS servers and can be controlled by local operators. To unify standalone video management systems at different sites, a dedicated intermediate node is employed. It consists of two components:
- Locally hosted, Linux-based AxxonNet service that provides basically the same features as the AxxonNet cloud service.
- Axxon One server that caters for technical needs such as storing user settings.
The intermediate node connects to the sites via the internet or private networks using the secure HTTPS protocol. Client connections to the node are also secure.
Datacenter Domain Unification Benefits
On-prem + cloud benefits
“Cloud-like” ease of access to any site on any client device combined with the security, control, and resource customization of on-premises infrastructure.
Security out of the box
Any number of users can work with the system using individual camera layouts and in accordance with their access levels.
For special applications
The solution can work both over the internet or private networks (without exposing to the public internet); video footage is stored on-premises. This is crucial for institutions with strict security standards.
Network failure tolerance
Bandwidth limitations between the sites do not affect the operation of local systems; operators onsite can directly connect to the system using a local area network.
AxxonNet collects event and video analytics data from different sites. You can use it to build custom reports in charts and tables and configure handy dashboards that visualize the data.
A convenient table view of Axxon One core functions, special features, video analytics, and supported devices and standards.
PDF version of the complete Axxon One presentation containing detailed information about the product.
Detailed information about Axxon One features and technologies in a pdf format.