Performance and Resource Optimization
Save network bandwidth and client CPU resources with adaptive video streaming
GreenStream automatically selects a camera stream matching the current resolution of the video on the client screen. For instance:
- On a 1920 x 1080 screen with a 4 x 4 camera layout, each camera screen is only 480 x 270.
- GreenStream eliminates the need to transmit full resolution streams from all cameras.
Metadata from IP devices
Use Edge Analytics, save server computing power
Metadata is a lean description of moving objects within the scene. It is used for real-time video analysis or forensic search. Metadata is generated on cameras with embedded object trackers. — No need to decompress video on the server side. CPU burden on the video server is significantly reduced. — Server can handle more video streams.
Intel® Quick Sync Video hardware decompression
- Reduced footprint on server CPU performance, especially when decoding H.265 video feeds.
- Dramatically improved decoding times.
- Servers can handle more concurrent video streams at Full HD resolution and even higher.
- More cameras can be connected to a single server, reducing hardware expenses and support issues.
- You can show more video channels on the client computer or use client computers with lower performance specs.
UDP and multicasting
Frees up network bandwidth
Axxon One features a whole range of tools for reducing bandwidth consumption and making security systems more efficient. Live video can be streamed from a server to remote computers via UDP, multicasting is supported as well. Multicasting frees up network capacity and optimizes resource usage.
A convenient table view of Axxon One core functions, special features, video analytics, and supported devices and standards.
PDF version of the complete Axxon One presentation containing detailed information about the product.
Detailed information about Axxon One features and technologies in a pdf format.