How to build a security and video surveillance system with the Axxon PSIM
- Learn about the AxxonSoft line-up of security products.
- Explore new features and cutting-edge R D.
- See demonstrations of the Axxon PSIM platform.
- Gain the necessary knowledge and skills for setting up and working with the system through case studies and hands-on experience.
This workshop is the first step to understanding how PSIM and VMS systems work, as a foundation for further independent learning.
Contents of the workshop
- Overview of the sections on the official AxxonSoft website.
- How the Platform Calculator works.Decoding the activation key on the sale.axxonsoft.com page.
Installing, uninstalling and updating the Axxon PSIM
- Contents of the Axxon PSIM distribution kit.
- How to install.
- The key system file.
- Updating the Axxon PSIM.
- Uninstalling the Axxon PSIM.
- Contents of the installed software.
Starting and shutting down Axxon PSIM
- How to launch/quit Axxon PSIM.
- Possible problems when starting Axxon PSIM and how to solve them.
Axxon PSIM main menu
- Overview of all hardware available for the basic version of Axxon PSIM.
- Configuring the Computer object.
- Using the IP Device Discovery Wizard to configure IP devices.
- Configuring video card and camera objects.
- Configuring the main detection tool and zones.
- Configuring VMDA tracking and detection tools.
- Creating and configuring a metadata DB.
- Customizing all available interfaces.
- Settings on the Programming tab (general settings, script and macro events, macros).
- All available utilities (from the tools directory).
- Settings on the Architecture tab.
- User settings.
- Certification test with a final score for awarding the certificate.
Workshop format and schedule
The workshop links theory and practical application together. During the practical sessions, participants independently complete assignments on a given topic.
Duration: 3 days (23 academic hours).